Lake Safaris South Africa
Lake Safaris is owned and managed by Trevor Lake, and has been a reputable Safari company since 1997. We hunt predominantly in South Africa, and also provide custom made Safaris in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Botswana.
Lake Safaris is distinguished from many other South African safari outfits. We offer three different hunting camps in three different districts of Kwazulu Natal. Each camp offers different levels of comfort and camp styles, different terrains, different hunting methods, different species of game, and most important different hunting experiences. We hunt species where they occur naturally in their habitats, enhancing your chances of better trophy animals.
We can boast some of the finest free range Nyala hunting that Africa has to offer. Additionally, this concession is community owned, so the proceeds of your hunt go to a good cause. Lake Safaris proudly has exclusive hunting rights for Nyala on this concession, which extends as far as the eye can see. We only hunt ten Nyala Bulls each year in this concession, so make sure you book in advance if you want the privilege of hunting this area.
"We strive to achieve a balance of great hunting and fine trophy animals, combined with an enjoyable experience and lasting friendships."
Plains Game Daily Rates 2013
|1 Hunter with Pro. Hunter||US$ 425.00|
|2 Hunters with Pro. Hunter||US$ 400.00|
|Non-hunting Observers||US$ 250.00|
Trophy Fees 2013/2014
|Bushpig (Specialist Hunt on Bait)||US$ 750.00|
|Duiker (Grey)||US$ 400.00|
|Hartebeest (Red)||US$ 1,050.00|
|Reedbuck (Mountain)||US$ 850.00|
|Reedbuck (Southern)||US$ 900.00|
|Wildebeest (Black)||US$ 975.00|
|Wildebeest (Blue)||US$ 975.00|
|Zebra (Burchell)||US$ 1,250.00|
Dangerous Game Hunts available on request.
Daily Rates Include
- Accommodation, meals, beverages, local beers and wines.
- Professional hunter, tracker, skinner and hunting vehicle.
- Transfers between hunting camps.
- Field preparation of trophies.
- Laundry service.
- 14% VAT
Daily Rates Exclude
- Half day fee on arrival day and half day fee on departure day.
- Trophy delivery to taxidermist in JHB, and documentation @ US$ 300
- Rifle hire @ US$ 30 per day incl. ammo.
- Taxidermy and shipping of trophies.
Terms & Conditions
- Trophy fees are payable at the end of the safari in US$ cash for game shot and killed or wounded and lost.
- All trophy fees are required to be paid prior to hunters departure in US$.
- Hunters may pre-pay a portion of their trophy fees prior to arrival.